Friday, November 2, 2007

Can't touch this! Or can you?!

Multi touch meets multi applications

Just to let everyone know, I am pretty jealous of this “Nick Haley” guy, a student who just received a nice “donation” from Apple for creating a commercial showcasing the new iPod touch.

I had no clue what so ever that this type of iPod was on the market until I watched this commercial. I am amazed that in a matter of thirty seconds, with the help of sharp editing and a fast beat song, the ad nicely highlights every feature of the device which are available by a simple touch of the screen.

With both the images and song appealing to wide range of demographics, this tells the viewer the iPod touch is for everyone! Also, with a solid black background and the idea of yourself being the person in the ad, carries on the same well known iPod style. Its sleek design and sophisticated shiny black color makes it very appealing to the eye, yet with the same classic iPod feel.

With the merge of music, video, photo, and internet capability, this is the perfect gadget for any multitasker. I also noticed that when displaying the music choices, it shows the newest hit songs such as one of my personal favorites Bubbly. Mentioning Facebook also targets many of us college students. All this allows me to better relate with the product by imagining having everything I enjoy at the tips of my fingers. Honestly, in my opinion, this iPod is the next best creation to the apple iPhone!

The apple logo appearing numerous times is a real eye catching strategy which is used as a great call to action! Also, I like the way apple’s website also gives a link for web surfers to purchase the song from the commercial from iTunes. Smart thinking!

Although it doesn’t mention how much it costs, the ad is certainly designed well enough to convince me to add it to the top of my Christmas wish list!

This commercial actually leaves me wondering though… why do our everyday desktops and laptop computers not have touch keyboards? Humm… now that’s something to ponder about!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.