Thursday, October 11, 2007

May Cause Confidence!

After the conclusion of the premiere episode of Donald Trump’s Pageant Place, I glanced away from the TV. I mean, isn’t that what most viewers do after a good show goes off? Who really cares about the commercials? Well, my room went silent for a whole 10 seconds, and then I heard an “excuse me sir” come from our TV. I looked up to see a college student, who looked pretty average, in a quiet classroom, telling an older guy who had been standing around speechless, apparently for 10 seconds, about a trick to make people relax when public speaking. Although picturing someone naked was not what I had expected him to say, I do admit my roommate and I laughed pretty hard!

When the college guy says the same thing to a girl sitting near him, I was quite impressed, thinking he was quite brave for such a bold statement! After the nice display of the Clearasil kit, I automatically thought it was a pretty nifty commercial concept, unlike some of their others. Their commercials heavily rely on one’s need for confidence, which is good since that’s what their teenage target audience usually lacks. I also absolutely loved the way the brought back a little humor by having the college guy growl in the mirror. Overall, I believe this commercial done its job, brought a laugh, and could help with sells of their products. If buying Clearasil makes you feel that confident, count me in!

After reading the comments posted on YouTube about this commercial, I learned that some parents want this taken off of TV. I agree with the one writer who says there are defiantly more offensive commercials aired on TV than this one. Sure, it may have a little humor not suitable for all ages, but at the same time, I watched it on MTV, not Nickelodeon, the Disney Channel, or Cartoon Network!

No comments: